Pages

Monday 30 January 2017

Paying tradies what they're worth!!

With many quotes done on Airtasker and via email/facebook I have noticed that some of the people have a price in mind and tend to stick to it. They have a rough time they think it would take (from someone that does that sort of job all the time) and don't think about all the things we pay for to keep our business running.



Some people think they can get a good price for a flat pack to be assembled when they only post the job today and need it assembled today. I quote a reasonable price that includes a last minute call out and after hours call out.

It is higher then normal only because the job is needed to be done ASAP and after hours. They don't take into account that I may have been working hard all day and got home needing to rest for work tomorrow.

As tradies we have our own tools to maintain and purchase, as well as insurance, a vehicle to run and I still need to pay rent and eat food which all cost money.



I have some clients that will pay a fair price for the work I do and I thank them for it. Then there are some that just want to pay what they want and can't compromise on a fair price.

I have a business to run, car to maintain, business and car insurance and the normal rental bills to pay. You may get paid less per hour in your job but if you work full time you also get paid that for your entire work day. I may only work for a few hours that day and still need to pay my bills.



We are just like you and would like to be paid a fair wage so we can keep running our business and doing what we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment