Pages

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Earning a living!!!

Since starting Adam's Handy Hands I have been thinking about where it is going to take me. Weather I keep working full time with handyman work on the side or start doing handyman work full time. Each time I get a few good jobs I see a few on posted on Airtasker that I quote on but the poster only wants what they posted the job for.

I quote a fair price to compete with others but the job poster want's what they posted the job for, which would be half what I would normally charge. I have to earn a living out of my work which I could do if people were paying a fair price for my work.

If your willing to pay a handyman or tradie $30 for a 2-2.5hr job then think about what you need to earn to live off. You are paid more then $15 an hour and able to survive, but have a think about the people you pay for work you need done.

I don't get my tools and materials for free so what make you think that it's alright to pay us tradies a low rate. We have a family to look after, tools to maintain, and materials to purchase along with money to pay rent and buy food.

If I could live in a house for free and not pay rent or was able to get tools for free then my prices would be cheaper, but I still need to live and maintain my tools.

Please have a think about what your paying your tradies and the time it might take them to complete the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment