Pages

Tuesday 29 September 2015

Ryobi 12v Drill

The mighty 12v Ryobi drill


A couple of years ago I received a Ryobi 12v drill as a present and was just going to be using this for drill only small holes and screw screws in.



I liked that it was a small compact drill in size and weight and included a quick charger. It is a great little drill that is handy for all those DIY jobs.

As I started doing more flat pack assemble I used this drill to drive the screws in making it alot easier on the hand and wrist. I then got some jobs requiring a drill to drill into timber and steel.

Instead of spending more money on another drill to do these jobs I decided to test the full capability of this drill. I had to drill through some solid timber to start with and then needed to drill through 5mm steel and then the timber.



With a good quality drill bit I gave the drill a go at drilling through the steel. It took some time to get started (like any normal drill would) but then kept powering on. I needed to drill a 9mm hole through this steel which the drill did with power and battery to spare.

Despite this drill being small and light, it has surprised me in how much power it has and what it can do.

 I would highly recommend this little drill to anyone wanting a drill to do everything, but not want the size and weight of anything larger.

No comments:

Post a Comment